· Part time 20 hours a week over 5 days - weekends required
· Friendly working environment
· Ongoing training
· Career progression opportunities
· Collect, clean and redistribute the homes laundry and resident’s clothing.
· Sort washing, dry and iron line and resident’s clothing to a high standard at all times, adhering to the washing and ironing instructions on the garments.
· Transport supplies including clean and soiled linen to the appropriate storage area, insuring that infection control policy and procedures are followed at all times.
· Fold and stack linen in an organised manner.
· Routinely inspect linen for wear and tear, and report this to management.
· Monitor laundry products and inform when running low so more can be ordered.
· Ensure laundry areas are kept clean, tidy and safe at all times.
· Physically and medically able to carry out duties and responsibilities with or without assistive aids.
· Compassionate and caring nature.
· Team player, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and adaptable.
· Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Previous housekeeping / laundry experience in a residential care setting.
This role is in a CQC registered care home. Anyone working in a CQC-registered care home in England for residents requiring nursing or personal care must have 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine unless they have a medical exemption. Those shortlisted for interview will be required to show confirmation they have received 2 doses of the vaccine or are medically exempt. effectively.
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.91 per hour