Wishmoor is a large Victorian house, located in the picturesque town of Malvern. Nestling at the base of the Malvern Hills and situated in a delightful tree lined road. The home is within close proximity of Barnard’s Green shops, Great Malvern railway station and the Winter Gardens. We are also on the local bus route with frequent buses to Great Malvern and Worcester.
The Wishmoor team is particularly concerned that each person is recognised as an individual with whom care arrangements are discussed, planned and regularly reviewed.
Our approach makes Wishmoor very special. Not too large, we can recreate an intimate, family home feel while still providing the kind of 24 hour care expected. We understand that choosing the right care home is a difficult decision and we are on hand to discuss any concerns you may have.
Wishmoor is dedicated to:
- Working with residents and their family, friends and medical professionals, to formulate plans of care that support their independence, dignity and privacy, and that consider their individual needs and capabilities
- Extending help, understanding and support unconditionally wherever and whenever required
- Creating a happy, caring and safe environment
- Offering a reassuring and homely environment that is always open and welcoming to relatives and friends
- Treating residents as individuals and not making the home institutionalised
Our single bedrooms (some ensuite) provide spacious and comfortable accommodation in a homely environment and we encourage residents to bring small personal items from home to make them feel more comfortable. We have a limited number of shared rooms which are ideal for couples.
We have 2 large living rooms where residents can sit and read, watch television or take part in activities. We offer a broad range of activities and involve residents as much as possible in the running of the home. We encourage residents to continue with their existing hobbies and interests. We are currently supporting several residents in the production of dementia sensory aids which are a fantastic resource and a lovely activity for anyone keen on knitting and sewing!
We have a large dining room where we serve delicious home cooked meals. We change our menus regularly and use fresh seasonal produce. We ask residents for their input in menu planning at our monthly Residents’ Meetings. Particular favourites are our Sunday Roast and Fish and Chips. We are able to cater for all dietary requirements.